Bi Folding Doors
This system is all about design and flexibility. Bi-folding doors open up an inside space and offer more natural light. They are the perfect choice to complement both traditional and modern designs.
A bi-folding door fills a room with light, making it feel bigger, brighter and more beautiful. With our market-leading slim aluminium frames, you can create a wide, seamless transition between indoors and out.
We offer many different types of bifold doors, each with their own features & benefits from Internal Bi-folding doors to External Bi-folding doors. All our bi-folding doors are manufactured in-house, with the same guarantees and all boast stainless steel rollers. They are available in our full palette of colours and finishes.
Internal bi-folding doors
Internal bifold doors are made up of 2 to maximum 6 doors depending on the width of your opening. The bi-folding doors are connected with special hardware that allows them to slide and fold together like a concertina.
This type of folding door works for commercial spaces, business centres and private homes. The main use of this system is to separate a space from another or allow both spaces to become one when the door is folded. Used to divide the living room from the kitchen, one meeting room for another one, or a playroom from a bedroom, the possibilities are endless.
External bi-folding doors
This system is named in various different ways because of its adaptability. Sometimes called folding patio doors, sliding doors or concertina doors, the external bi-folding doors are easily adaptable and occupy less space than normal doors.
Depending on the width of your opening, bi-fold doors are made up from 2 to 6 pieces that are linked together and allow an accordion opening and closing system that saves space and allows the exterior to become part of the interior.
Why you should consider bi-folding doors?
There are a few reasons why you should consider installing internal or external bi-folding doors in your business or home space.
- Framed in aluminium. It’s a strong and lightweight material that is 100% recyclable.
- Versatility. The bi-folding doors are specially crafted to widen or divide indoor and/or outdoor spaces.
- Modern and classic look. The metallic and textured finishes allow bi-folding doors to fit well in classic and more contemporary spaces.
- Low maintenance. We build and instal the best high-quality products, with a long life expectancy and minimal maintenance. Aluminium is known to be a very durable and strong material, which is why it is used in most of our products.
- Natural light. Opened or closed, bi-folding doors allow natural light to enter an indoor space, which has proven to have a positive effect on wellbeing and reduces costs.
Why choose Huxley & Co to install your bi-folding doors
With more than 20 years in the business, our team of professionals will advise you throughout the entire process. We are big advocates of this specific kind of door because it gives a modern, but at the same time, classic look to any kind of space.
We recommend this system for wide spaces that aim to create bigger indoor or outdoor spaces, and also have the chance to separate said spaces when needed.
If you’re looking for a modern, yet classic door system that allows you to create big or small spaces in outdoor or indoor settings, bi-folding doors are definitely what you’re looking for.
Reach out to us and our team of professionals will be happy to advise and assist in anything you need.